Custom Search

Friday, February 11, 2011

Time for Reminiscing Our LMI Days

Tomorrow all roads lead to my alma mater, LMI or Lady Mediatrix Institute, Candelaria, Quezon for the annual reunion of its graduates hosted by high school batch '61 and '86.

Activities will start in the morning with a motorcade and picture taking. Of course the highlight is the evening festivities with fellowship during dinner time and the traditional entertaining program.

It was just 21 years ago when our batch had its high school commencement exercises and it was 27 or 28 years ago when I first stepped into its walls arriving from Cebu.

I was not fluent in tagalog then and my classmates would pinch me to listen to me shout "aguy" or "agay". My teachers not knowing at that time that I came from Cebu (although I was born in Manila), were thinking I was disrespectful to them for I did not use "po" and "opo".

I will never forget LMI.

I credit LMI for "raising me" along with my family as a good Catholic. I will never forget my years as a Knight of the Altar, an altar boy waking up early in the morning to assist in the Holy Mass and play the guitar during weekday or Sunday masses. I will never forget being excused from class to practice with the choir and travel to various places. I will never forget my music mentor Sr. Elisa. She is indeed a great influence and she remains to be a "prayer warrior" of mine along with Sr. Rose and Sr.Celerina.

I will never forget my teachers-- some of them are my facebook friends even praying for me. (Ma'am Annabelle?)

I will never forget Maam Tessie Suayan and her support when we have this Science quiz bowls. (Hi Ma'am. We kicked some butts out there.) I was in good company with the likes of Nieva and Jean Macasaet, Eva Beredo (those are their maiden names), Roy Gerona, and the late Ranel Tibillo. In one of these quiz balls, I even went up against my future highschool classmate. Remember that Jen?

I will never forget Mrs. Tan, Mrs. Caneo, Sir Pagdanganan, Mrs. Mercado, Ma'am Baluyot, and many more.

I will never forget Mr. Reynaldo Tan. Who would have thought that he had a crush on Amy Perez then.

I will never forget the love chain booth, the horror booth, the Tan Miguel shirts, the Netchargers, the volleyball practices, the Ogie Alcasid and Dingdong Avanzado songs, the pormahan, tuksuhan and torpehan, the Baguio and Villa Escudero trips, my pass to the opponent during a Basketball game costing us a win, the COLC, the Wednesday masses, Msgr. Melicia, the Basketball court we helped build, the canteen people, the flag ceremony, panatang makabayan, the daily rosary, the Bible contests, the chorale group contests by year level, the Menudo dance craze, the breakdance, the loveteam duets, the CAT training, my schoolmates and most of all my classmates, batchmates, lifelong friends and (not just "pang-facebook").

Batchmates, I may not be able to join you there in our reunion but my thoughts are with you guys. Inggit nga ako sa December reunion nyo e. Hope you enjoy tomorrow's affair just like old times. See you kahit sa facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just came across your blog page and saw my cousin's name, Ranel Tibillo. Small world.
    TC and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ranel's sister was a high school classmate of mine actually.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Bookmark and Share