I still say Pacquiao will win a fight against Mayweather if they get to face each other in the ring and here's why:
1. Mayweather has not faced a fighter in the same league as the Pacman.
- Mayweather faced an old Mosley and despite that "Money" nearly got KOed by Sugar Shane in the 2nd round. Mayweather held Mosley all he could to avoid falling down. And we are talking of an old, easily tired Mosley here.
- If Pacquiao was in Mosley's place, he could have followed up with a flurry of quick yet powerful punches.
- Mayweather always fights the big names who are on their downhill. Mayweather was almost defeated by a de la Hoya past his prime. Mayweather fought a smaller Marquez at a weight past the agreed weight.
- Pacquiao can take strong punches like that of Cotto so Pacquiao is not afraid to get hit in order to penetrate the opponent's defense.
- Mayweather was not able to knock Mosley out. Look at Mosley's face. Yes Mosley was often hit but his face was still clean, No obvious swelling and bleeding. I bet Cotto's punch is harder than Mayweather's. Come to think of it, Mayweather hasn't even fought Cotto and apparently avoided Cotto in the past.
- Manny Pacquiao's punch on the other hand packs power even if he is coming from a lighter weight division. When Pacquiao gradually went up claiming titles...surprise! His knockouts became more and more spectacular! Remember Hatton's knockout where poor Ricky fell down straight to the canvas?
4. Manny has the prayer and support of a million people behind him, Filipinos and non Filipinos alike. That's a psychic energy enough to topple Mayweather even without a punch.
So c'mon you two...Let's get it on! Let's get ready to rumble. Make the fight happen. People cannot wait to see Mayweather finally meeting his match. Get him Manny!